Top 5 reasons why you should do a spring cleanse for your body
Clearing Allergies is on the list!
1. We all need to flush out the excess metabolites that build up over the winter. Your body is naturally inclined to store up during the winter and flush out in the spring. In Chinese medicine they refer to the winter build up as excess phlegm in your system. In modern times we see it more as toxic load or a build up of unusable metabolites (by-products of metabolism). Natalie Freedman, ND, clinical supervisor of the environmental medicine department and faculty member at Bastyr Center for Natural Health says “It’s simply more of a challenge in winter to detoxify.” “The foods you need are harder to find, you exercise less and your exposure to toxic substances is greater because you’re indoors more.”
2. Your liver and kidneys need a break from dealing with all the heavy foods typically consumed during the winter months.
3. Your allergies will improve with a cleanse!!! We see this all the time. Over 20% of North Americans struggle with allergies, so you are not alone. If you want out of this group you can do a cleanse as well as use some herbs for symptom relief. One herb called butterbur had a double blind randomized clinical trial to show the same efficacy as Zyrtec, according to a recent study published in the British Medical Journal (2002;324:144–6).
4. You will have less cold and flu bouts next winter. If you do a cleanse in the spring next winter your body will have less burden on the immune system. Set yourself up to better fight off colds next winter. This is a clinical observation noticed by the majority of the top alternative medical doctors in North America.
5. The benefits reported from our patients are typically increased energy, clearer mind, better sleep, regular bowel movements, and an increased sense of well-being.
Read about the disappearing male and the pacific garbage patch to see another reason to do a cleanse.