An expert guide can help clarify the confusion
Hormones can be a confusing topic. Having your hormones out of balance has such a wide range of symptoms. You can be feeling weepy, irritable, overwhelmed or burned out. You might be tired and overweight, having hot flashes, and having irregular periods all at the same time. Having an expert guide will help bring you harmonious change to your hormonal issues.
Our approach is to look at the whole picture. We will come up with a clear treatment plan through listening and observation, labwork, symptom picture, and looking at your health goals. Whether you have PMS, fibroids, abnormal uterine bleeding, PCOS, endometriosis or are going through perimenopause, we address both the symptoms, and the underlying reason you got there in the first place.
Hormone balancing is best done with a holistic approach
Restoring balance to the hormones requires a holistic approach because hormones are affected by everything! Our naturopathic doctors can help identify and treat all the underlying factors, including:
- sleep patterns
- environmental pollutants – xenoestrogens are pollutants that can mimic estrogen in the body
- adrenal reserve – the adrenals are a key organ responsible both for adapting to stress as well as producing sex hormones
- hormone interactions
- gut flora – gut flora has a significant role in estrogen metabolism
- liver – the liver metabolizes estrogen; an optimally functioning liver is necessary
- body fat – adipose tissue is an endocrine tissue that secretes estrogen
- immune system – communication exists between the hormonal system and the immune system
Our Naturopathic doctors have the advantage
Our Naturopathic doctors have the advantage when it comes to hormone balancing because they are experts in natural medicine and understand how to treat all the underlying factors. By looking at the underlying causes, we can utilize natural remedies and therapies that can correct key areas of hormone regulation.
If the body is depleted, as in perimenopause or adrenal burnout, then utilizing bioidentical hormone replacement or herbal medicine might be indicated.
Naturopathic doctors have a wide range of treatment options. Some examples of therapies used might include:
- Herbal medicine
- Nutritional supplementation
- Bioidentical hormone replacement
- Stress-reduction techniques
We address the underlying factors specific to your case and tailor the treatment for you.